Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in ShopNotes magazine.
- Ultimate Router Table
- Page 18: Online Extra - Cutting Diagram
- (Updated note, February 2009: The cutting diagram PDF has been replaced with a new version on shopnotes.com). The cutting diagram showing parts K, L, M, Z, and CC was not laid out correctly. If laid out as originally shown it would require a longer piece of MDF.
- Page 18: Cutting Diagram
- (08/22/2012) Two corrections: (1) Parts O, P, Q, R, and S are listed as MDF in the Materials list and on the plans, but as hardwood on the cutting diagram. These parts should be shown as MDF on the cutting diagram. (2) Part V "Suppost Plate" is listed as hardwood in the Materials list, but as MDF on the cutting diagram. Part V in the Materials list should read "6 x 13 - 3/4 MDF"
- Page 19: Materials List
- Part V "Support Plate" is listed as hardwood in the plans and Materials list, but as MDF on the online extra cutting diagram. Part V in the Materials list should read "6 x 13 - 3/4 MDF"
- Precision Mortising Table
- Page 34: Figure 3
- The steel rods should be 26" long, not 16 1/2" as they are originally printed.
- Page 34: Materials and Supplies
- An additional piece of 72"-long steel rod will be needed, if ordered from Enco (the source listed in the magazine). Shorter lengths are available from McMaster-Carr although the cost will be higher.
- Page 51: Sources
- Two items originally sourced from Enco have been discontinued. The items can be obtained from McMaster-Carr. Enco Item 240-0632 is a flat washer for a 3/4" bolt. They should be available from a hardware store, or from Mcmaster-Carr Item 91083A036. The other item is a Bronze Sleeve Bearing, Enco item 325-7516. It can be replaced with McMaster-Carr item 6391K259.