Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in ShopNotes magazine.
- Power Tool Workbench
- Page 29: Materials & Hardware list
- The quantity of #8 x 1" and #6 x 1/2" Fh Woodscrews are wrong. The #8 x 2" Fh Woodscrews should instead be #8 x 1-1/2". The corrected portion of the list should read as follows: • (12) #8 x 1" Fh Woodscrews • (30) #6 x 1/2" Fh Woodscrews • (10) #8 x 1-1/2" Fh Woodscrews
- Page 33: Figure 6b
- The size of screws used for assembling and attaching the rack was omitted. The correct size is #8 x 1-1/4".
- Page 31: Copy
- The first complete sentence at the top of the third column should be deleted: "A dado near each end fits over the tongue you made earlier in the sides." Also, the artwork in Figure 3a needs to have vertical break lines between the divider and aluminum angle.
- 5 Money-Saving, Shop-Made Clamps
- Page 17: Figure 3
- The pattern at the bottom of the page currently reads: Enlarge 400%. It should read Enlarge 200%. The grid key on the right side of the drawing states One Square = ½” It should read One Square = ¼” The scale of the overall size of the Jaw is correct; however, the scale of the radii that make up the inner profile of the jaw is not. In addition, the larger radius labeled incorrectly. Instead of 1 ½” it should be 1 3/8”. Finally, the centerpoint of each radius need to be aligned horizontally.