Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in ShopNotes magazine.
- Miter Saw Station
- Page 7: Hardware
- List indicates that you need 18 #8 x 1" Fh woodscrews; this is incorrect. Really you need 18 #8 3/4" Fh woodscrews.
- Page 9: Figure 4 detail b
- Drawing says to use #8 1" woodscrew but it should be a #8 3/4" woodscrew.
- Page 11: Figure 11 detail
- Figure 11 detail is labeled as 11B but it is 11A. There is no detail b.
- Low-Speed Grinding Jig
- Page 16: Materials
- List indicates you need 2 of piece A - Front but you only need 1.
- Page 20: Figure 8
- The holes to be drilled are not labeled correctly. The hole near the end should be the threaded hole, and the other two are only drilled - no threads. The instructions are correct, only the drawing is wrong.
- Page 21: Plane iron adapter illustration (upper right corner of page)
- The Guide piece is labeled as K but it should be L. The Wedge piece is labeled as J but should be K.
- Page 21: Instructions for the Plane Iron Blank.
- The instructions for the Blank refer to the Wedge as being piece J but it should be K.
- Page 21: Instructions for the Plane Iron Guide.
- The instructions for the Guide refer to the guide piece as K, but it should be L.
- Page 21: Figure 11
- The wedge piece is labeled J but should be K. The Guide piece is labeled K but should be L.
- Page 22: Instructions for Mount Jig
- Third paragraph, second sentence refers reader to piece I but it should say piece J.