Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in ShopNotes magazine.
- Fold-up Worktable
- Page 40: Figure 4
- The dimensions of the filler strips (L and M) should be 1/4" x 3/8", not 1/4" x 1/4" as originally printed.
- Page 41: Materials & Hardware
- Two corrections: (1) The measurement for the top end frames (part B) should be 3/4 x1 - 22. The measurements are listed correctly in the callouts for this part. NOTE: The PDF in the online archive is correct. (2) The correct size for the filler strips (L and M) should be 1/4" x 3/8", not 1/4" x 1/4" as originally printed.
- Page 38: Figure 1a
- Parts B and C are reversed in the detail. The wider part is C, the side frame, while the narrower part is B the end frame.
- Page 40: Figure 4
- The drawing shows how to layout the 10° angle at the top of the leg. The 9/16" dimension at the top of the leg should be 1/2" down from the top in order for the angle to be as close to 10° as possible. As a result of these corrected measurements, the 3 3/4" dimension should be 3 13/16" to keep the layout correct. At the bottom of the leg, the drawing shows the same 9/16" but the line is shown to the outer edge of the leg, or so it looks. This gives a slightly lower angle of about 8°. The lower part of the drawing should show 10° instead of the 9/16".
- Shop Short Cuts
- Page 34: Figure 1
- The length of the jig base should be 12 9/16", not 11 9/16" as originally printed.
- Page 35: Illustration
- The measurement on the upper-right end of the piece shows a width of 2 1/4" rough. This should read 4 1/2" rough.
- Curved-Lid Tool Chest
- Page 14: Shop Short Cut
- Note: The shop short cut on p. 35 refers to this article, and contains an error. On p. 35, the measurement on the upper-right end of the piece shows a width of 2 1/4" rough. This should read 4 1/2" rough.
- Page 21: Figure 9
- The dimension for the thickness of the Lower Drawer Back (Z) should be 1/2" thick, not 1/4" as originally printed. It is correct in the Materials & Hardware list.
- Readers' Tips
- Page 4: Router Fluting Jig Illustration
- The runner dimensions should be listed as 1/4" x 7/16" - 4 3/4" long to match the length of the groove in the fence as well as having enough sticking above to adequately engage the groove in the router base. Also, the starting point of the slots in the router base should be 1/2" to match up with the outside hole in the base.